Greetings! I’m Philip Martin, director of Great Lakes Literary.
I provide a range of services for book authors looking for a professional path forward – in today's fast-changing, competitive publishing environment. I'd love to help you write your best, get published, and find your audiences. I'm an award-winning book editor (see About page). I also create and host websites for writers. If you'd like to explore ways I can help you, send me a note via the Contact page with more about your project, goals, and what you might like help with.
From Hobbits to Harry Potter
How To Write a Book Review
Social Media for Book Authors – Step 3 (Tips for Developing a Great Blog)
Why Story Trumps Plot
Social Media for Book Authors – Step 2 (Connecting with Influentials)
Social Media for Book Authors – Step 1 (Creating Your Website)
How Do I Choose a Good Domain Name for My Author Website?
Indie Book Awards – The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Ah, The Poisoned Cupcake! – Cook the Books (Mystery Release)
Most Popular Posts
- How to Attend a Book Launch for a Friend's New Book
- Six Writing Tips from J.R.R. Tolkien
- Create a Book Quiz, Discussion Guide, or Fun Facts (book promotion ideas)
- Does a Poem Need to Make Sense?
- A Poem's Delight, A Poem's Wisdom
- Memoirs - Fact, Fiction, or "Truthiness"?
- How To Build a Better Story - The Power of Repetition
- The Succinct Pitch: Why It Works